Wednesday 4 December 2013

Interactive resource

In my previous teaching position I have the possibility to use the digital Cleverboard. It is the same as a digital Whiteboard. We had one in every classroom on the school. Before we got the Cleverboard all the educators had to undergo training in how to use the Cleverboard. We also get some ideas on exercises and webpage we could use when we teaching English and other school subjects. On Projector and a computer was connected to the Cleverboard. I also had a small plate, like an IPad, that I could use and write on and then the text come up on the Cleverboard.

When I started a new area in English I prepared short movies, texts that we could read together in the classroom. We also write texts together on the Cleverboard. In Västerviks municipality there I was working, we had an agreement with AV-media there we could borrow movies, also a camera and a video camera as we could use when we take pictures and record  movies when we worked with theater.

A program I often used was Lynx 4 there I could prepare different exercises as I then used when I teach English, such Memory as the students could use when we practice new words. The problem we often have is that we don´t have enough time to prepared own exercises.

A very good webpage is prissans.blogspot.se there is it a lot of ideas you can use when you working with the Cleverboard. Another means as useful is “Inläsningstjänst”. The school must have an agreement with them. There you can download audio books as we can listen on together in the classroom. A very good function is that you can scan in books and mail them to your email then you can see it on the Cleverboard.
On my school there I worked today we don´t have Cleverboard but we have a Projector and I can still use the web and the computer when I teach English together with the students.


To use interactive resource give me the possible to make varying, fun and stimulated English lessons together with my students.

Pernilla

1 comment:

  1. You describe some things I don't have any experience of.
    I've never been using a cleverboard while teaching. There are many different words for more or less the same kind of digital resources - Cleverboard, Smartboard, Activeboard and Temaboard. I think it would be much easier teaching in the way you describe. It is a postive way of learning since the pupils can be more active during their lessons using for example a Smartboard.

    Lynx 4 and prissons.blogspot.se make me curious. I will check them up.
    We have an agreement with Inläsningstjänst. I haven't used their services for some time but when I did, I was satisfied.
    AV-media have great offers. There are many programs in all subjects. The pupils say they learn a lot from the programs they see. It might be a risk watching programs or movies often. Some pupils learn better while watching and listening which is good. Some of them don't read real books on their own. They don't read books about the same theme as in the programe they like to watch because they are tired or think the books are just too much for them. Their reading skills don't make the progress we wish then. In these situations Inläsningstjänst or Bibli.se (e-books) are perfect. But all this belongs to Another kind of discussion.

    Pernilla, Thanks for your tips.

    /Pernilla L

    ReplyDelete